Oahu Transit Services, Inc.
Oahu Transit Services, Inc.
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | HEA | TheBus
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TheBus-Hea Web Application
 New Features
 Phone App
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lei808

1 Posts

Posted - May 09 2011 :  09:52:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is it possible to create an iphone/ipad app or android app for this rather than a web app? Or does one exist already? Maps with gps trackers of each bus would be nice too.

ashefantastic

2 Posts

Posted - May 16 2011 :  08:39:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi I am actually trying to make a bus iphone/android app for thebus.org. Im stationed in Seattle ( Im in the Army ) and I visit Hawaii frequently. We have a transit app here called onebusaway. It is open source (it was developed by students at the University of Washington) I am working on porting it over for use in Hawaii. It will be free of course. I don't know who to ask in order to get the blessing to do so. If anyone out there at "thebus" reads this please e mail me back. I am planning on calling the app "MahaloMove" and will hopefully have it active by mid June. What do you think ? :)

Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

ashefantastic

2 Posts

Posted - May 16 2011 :  08:45:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry didn't finish my thought ha ha ... the app will use data from you guys (THEBUS) and from Google transit to give people real searchable maps on their smart phone instead of PDF maps that are currently available on the web portal.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Oahu Transit Services, Inc. © Oahu Transit Services, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000