Oahu Transit Services, Inc.
Oahu Transit Services, Inc.
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | HEA | TheBus
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TheBus-Hea Web Application
 Problems or Concerns
 Sinclair Circle LED sign not working
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Robert Brewer

3 Posts

Posted - September 26 2011 :  8:31:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At the Sinclair Circle stop on the UH Manoa campus there is an LED sign (solar powered I believe!) that rotates through some information, which used to provide the time till the next bus is scheduled to depart.

However, the display is not working properly: the top 2 lines of static info (which lines service this stop, TheBus phone #, etc) are working, but the bottom line that used to show the time until the next bus departure is blank. It has been broken for a couple months now.

I've reported this through TheBus feedback system, but I haven't received any acknowledgement and it was still broken when I looked at it last week. Is there some problem getting the HEA data to the sign, or is it a broken sign?

As I understand it, this sign was put in as part of the UPASS program to promote bus use by students. When it is broken, it doesn't have that effect.

Mahalo!

gmoriwaki

23 Posts

Posted - September 27 2011 :  1:36:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for your inquiry.

These signs were deployed to test their reliability and dependability. As such, we are currently evaluating their performance and outages such as the one you saw will be noted and addressed in our work with the vendor.

Again, we thank you for taking time to communicate with us and notify us of this problem.

Mahalo for riding TheBus!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Oahu Transit Services, Inc. © Oahu Transit Services, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000