Oahu Transit Services, Inc.
Oahu Transit Services, Inc.
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | HEA | TheBus
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TheBus-Hea Web Application
 Problems or Concerns
 Food and Drinks
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Foodie

1 Posts

Posted - September 06 2013 :  10:22:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can you please get all you bus drivers on the same page regarding the Law and Bus policy regarding drinks and food on the bus. City ordnance currently posted on buses say NO CONSUMING FOOD OR BEVERAGES, nothing about open containers of beverages or open packages of food.

Today at 10:00 am on route 19 bus # 697. I was refused to bring a disposable cup with a lid on it in to the bus.

I did not feel like arguing with driver, but the SIGN CLEARLY state no consuming. So transporting a container of 32 oz or larger or of a sealed nature would not have been an issue. But because it was only 16oz in size she refused to let me board with the cup. Not knowing if it was full or empty.

All driver need to get in the same page with this issue. Had it been a commuter mug/container i would have been allowed. Or if there was no straw.

I understand the issue of drivers not wanting liquid spills or crumbs, both for sanitary and pest control purposes. Or the possibility of spilling on a seat or passenger.

I am very careful and follow to ordnance and do not consume. I am only transporting the beverage to my destination. So either change the policy or educate the drivers better. They do need some discretion, but i was professionally dress and it was the only thing i had with me on an empty bus. I had both hands and lap to control the container.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Oahu Transit Services, Inc. © Oahu Transit Services, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000