Oahu Transit Services, Inc.
Oahu Transit Services, Inc.
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | HEA | TheBus
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TheBus-Hea Web Application
 Problems or Concerns
 Can't find my bus stop
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

iphone user

2 Posts

Posted - March 10 2009 :  2:11:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Trying to find a bus stop near my home on Aiea Heights Drive (Route 11) and when I typed in "Aiea Heights Drive" it only shows buses going up (westbound) and not coming down (eastbound).

Would be good if it showed the direction that the bus is going.

gmoriwaki

23 Posts

Posted - March 24 2009 :  07:47:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for your comments. Until the bus stops are numbered, please use Google to narrow down the stop you are looking for. You can also visit http://forums.thebus.org/tutorials and click on FAQ for a more detailed description on how to find your stop.

Mahalo
Go to Top of Page

scooter1203

1 Posts

Posted - April 03 2009 :  3:58:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your comments!! We do have a tutorial on our website to find bus stops, but will add addtional instructions using Google maps.

Thanks!!
---------------

I had the same problems as Iphone User in trying to find the bus stop numbers and determining which direction the buses were traveling. If I didn't already know my routes and the schedule, I would have had a harder time using this system.

When I did a search using the street names, I didn't come up with my bus stop (181). I tried Alapai + Beretania, Alapai + King, Alapai Transit Center. I finally found it by accident using the Google map, but that took a while too. You may want to post instructions on how to find the bus stop number using the Google map since it seems that you can see the stops only if you zoom in. The bus stop number shows only if you click on the stop itself and not the bus info that pops up on the markers.

Other than that, it is great to have this service. My ride from the bus stop to my home doesn't have to wait around when the bus gets delayed in traffic and I don't have to walk 1.5 miles from the bus stop to home because my cell phone dies. My ride now checks the system to see whether the arrival is on schedule and he's always there waiting for me.

This will also help those who catch the No. 54 because the drivers sometimes display the wrong sign (Upper vs. Lower Pearl City). My daughter one time waited two hours after school because all the buses had the Lower Pearl City sign.

Thank you for this service!
Go to Top of Page

iphone user

2 Posts

Posted - April 29 2009 :  10:05:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you plan to put the direction (eastbound/westbound) that the bus is traveling?
Go to Top of Page

jworthin

1 Posts

Posted - May 27 2009 :  11:22:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Try clicking on "More Stops" at the bottom of the initial stop listing. I got the stops for both directions when doing so. Also, we are currently working on physically numbering each bus stop.

John Worthington
Planner/Analyst
Service Evaluation Section

811 Middle Street
Honolulu, Hawaii 96819-2316
Office - (808) 848-4581 / Fax - (808) 848-4419
jworthington@thebus.org
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: