Oahu Transit Services, Inc.
Oahu Transit Services, Inc.
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | HEA | TheBus
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TheBus-Hea Web Application
 New Features
 information at stops
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

morav

2 Posts

Posted - November 17 2009 :  12:14:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just returned from Prague where each tram/bus stop has a schedule posted. Somehow they manage to keep very close to the posted schedules (better traffic control there), we probably can't achieve that here but it would be great if there could be some kind of electronic display at each bus stop which shows the information that the HEA system provides so those of us without expensive web-phones could benefit. Vandalism would undoubtably be a problem but they can make vending machines that are pretty bulletproof these days. Perhaps you could adopt/adapt their technology.

jcpos

8 Posts

Posted - December 10 2009 :  3:25:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They have this in New York City now.

quote:
Originally posted by morav

I just returned from Prague where each tram/bus stop has a schedule posted. Somehow they manage to keep very close to the posted schedules (better traffic control there), we probably can't achieve that here but it would be great if there could be some kind of electronic display at each bus stop which shows the information that the HEA system provides so those of us without expensive web-phones could benefit. Vandalism would undoubtably be a problem but they can make vending machines that are pretty bulletproof these days. Perhaps you could adopt/adapt their technology.

Go to Top of Page

Leonina

1 Posts

Posted - December 11 2009 :  5:21:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My brother told me about NextBus which is used with San Francisco Muni. There are displays in bus shelters, but I'd imagine that they are only in major locations.

http://www.nextbus.com/corporate/works/index.htm
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Oahu Transit Services, Inc. © Oahu Transit Services, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000