Oahu Transit Services, Inc.
Oahu Transit Services, Inc.
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | HEA | TheBus
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TheBus-Hea Web Application
 New Features
 Multiple stop listings
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Robert Brewer

3 Posts

Posted - July 22 2009 :  2:26:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It would be great if there was a way to show all the arrivals for two different bus stops. Sometimes there are two different busses I could take to get home (like the 4 or the A), but they use two different stops that are near each other. If I could see on one page which bus will arrive first, that would be ideal.

This would require a way to specify multiple stops and just merge the results together for display.

It would also be great if there was some way to tell when picking a stop which side of the street it was on. For example, for the search "university dole" you get two stops on the same block on opposite sides of the street. Without stepping into each one, you cannot tell which one is going in the direction you want.

Mahalo for bringing up this service, it is a huge improvement in usability for TheBus!

dabigkahuna

6 Posts

Posted - February 16 2010 :  10:10:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd like to see this option too. It would be very handy at places like the Makai side (westbound) of Ala Moana Shopping center. Multiple bus stops, but so close together, that it would fit better to have them listed as one.

If we can't list two stops (like, say, 1234-5678), maybe special situations like this can have both the individual stop numbers but also a special stop number that would include all the buses for all the stops in a close area like that.
Go to Top of Page

whalesalad

2 Posts

Posted - February 17 2010 :  10:24:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Guys,

I'm working on my own version of HEA and would like to actively build most of the features that you guys here discuss and ask for. You can find my own version here, http://thebus.ws, which adds a few enhancements to the current version. For example, looking at a list of stops will tell you which direction that stop goes as well as the routes that stop there. That way when you search you can tell which one to click when you see two (across the street).

I'm busy with some other work right now, but as soon as I have some free time I plan on adding a feature to compare two stops.

I also plan on adding a feature to save stops locally to your phone (if you have an Android device, iPhone or other modern smartphone) so that you don't need to search for the ones you visit all the time (like by home and by work/school/etc...)

Finally... check out the feature I have there right now, which is certainly a BETA feature, but it will find your location (Again, if you're using a modern device like an iPhone or Android handset) and then find stops close to you. Give it a shot!
Go to Top of Page

dabigkahuna

6 Posts

Posted - February 19 2010 :  1:51:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Always nice to have more options!
Go to Top of Page

dabigkahuna

6 Posts

Posted - February 21 2010 :  12:59:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe you could create an option that lets a person click an icon on ONLY see the time/bus number, like:

12:15 A
12:15 42
12:18 40

etc. I put the time first because it won't change spacing much. Putting the bus number first will have 1-3 digits which would change it more, making reading more difficult.

Clicking the icon again would give the more detailed info again. Most regulars already know where the buses go.

Also would be nice to have another option for selecting which buses show. HEA lets you select one and hide all the rest. But what if there are 5 different bus numbers and three of them will get you to your destination? It would be nice to have an option to just hide some.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Oahu Transit Services, Inc. © Oahu Transit Services, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000