Oahu Transit Services, Inc.
Oahu Transit Services, Inc.
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | HEA | TheBus
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TheBus-Hea Web Application
 New Features
 HEA by phone not web
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

williado

1 Posts

Posted - August 26 2009 :  8:28:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please allow riders to call a central phone number to access HEA, rather than a web-based system. More bus riders have cell phones, but not web-enabled phones.

kennypu

3 Posts

Posted - August 27 2009 :  7:08:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
>Please allow riders to call a central phone number to access HEA, rather than a web-based system. More bus riders have cell phones, but not web-enabled phones.

this, and/or a texting service, where we can text a number with the bus stop number to get the next bus 2,3 buses that are coming.
Go to Top of Page

morav

2 Posts

Posted - November 17 2009 :  12:21:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree, this would make the system accessible to many more people.
Go to Top of Page

david_beutel

2 Posts

Posted - February 26 2010 :  10:16:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This would be great. Since a voice system or texting service would cost money, a good (free) way for you to start would be with just email. My phone can send and receive email just like it does text messages (but longer).

You could parse the email as a query and reply with the result. To drill down into a result, I could reply to the reply and select the detail I want by, e.g., putting a * in a [ ] like a checkbox:

Query: date

[ ] University Ave + Date St
(Stop: 294)

[ ] Date St + Hausten St
(Stop: 419)

[*] Mccully St + Date St
(Stop: 422)

[ ] Kapiolani Bl + Date St
(Stop: 2994)
etc...

OK, this may be just a lame work-around for the lack of a web browser, but if there's an HEA API (e.g., RESTful JSON) then 3rd parties can build specialized services like this.
Go to Top of Page

david_beutel

2 Posts

Posted - February 26 2010 :  10:57:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Actually, I wouldn't be able to use my reply to the reply scheme, because when I reply in my phone, it doesn't quote the original message. Still, I'd like to be able to send an email with query text like street names or stop numbers and get a reply with the query results.
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Oahu Transit Services, Inc. © Oahu Transit Services, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000