Oahu Transit Services, Inc.
Oahu Transit Services, Inc.
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | HEA | TheBus
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TheBus-Hea Web Application
 Problems or Concerns
 buses marked as not in service
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

alohajeffkim

2 Posts

Posted - March 08 2010 :  1:15:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Waiting at bus stop 131, the punchbowl and king st stop. Buses on HEA showing going to Ala Moana. the bus number stops at the stop but the sign says NOT IN SERVICE.

What is happening here? Is the driver setting the sign to NOT IN SERVICE when they are not supposed to or should they not have been listed on HEA? I think it's the driver as when they get to the stop they still have people on the bus.

dabigkahuna

6 Posts

Posted - December 05 2010 :  4:53:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've seen this happen when a bus is overloaded. They still stop to get some people off, but not pick up more until they have more space. I can understand this.

But there was one driver a few years ago who did the 62 bus - the last one for the night (I think it was a 52 that changed its number part way around to come through Aiea). Anyway, there were two problems, at least. One was that when he got to the start of Chinatown, he'd turn off his bus route number - what if some people there were waiting for it?

Second, those late runs were supposed to go to the Alapai Transit Center, but he would tell people to get off at Punchbowl.

I'm not sure, but I think he may also have gotten way ahead of schedule. I didn't have easy access to the schedules back then, but I think he would get to Pearlridge Shopping Center as much as 10-15 minutes early.

As the last run of the day, I think he was just trying to get home early instead of doing his job.
Go to Top of Page

kalikus

3 Posts

Posted - May 16 2011 :  1:26:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The other day I was waiting for the 13 at Kanekapolei and Kuhio, and the HEA said it was arriving, but when the bus pulled up (nearly empty) it said 'Not in Service'. I didn't think anything until the driver opened the door and the speaker announced it was the route 13. Its ridiculous, I had to wait another 20 minutes. That bus was supposed to terminate at Campbell and Kapahulu (which is where I was going), but he instead changed the route sign so he could finish quicker! Shame on this bus driver to get paid so much and not even complete his duties.
Go to Top of Page

gmoriwaki

23 Posts

Posted - May 16 2011 :  1:29:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your observation. I will forward this information to the appropriate person.

Aloha,

Guy Moriwaki
Director of IT
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Oahu Transit Services, Inc. © Oahu Transit Services, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000